EOH cordially invites you to submit your students’ artwork for our eighth annual TeensArt Exhibit, to be held from April 12th – May 10th, 2014. (This exhibit will feature work from students in seventh through twelfth grade.) The opening reception will be on Saturday, April 12th from 12-3pm. TeensART is an opportunity to showcase teen’s work in a professional gallery space. We appreciate your help showing the best work that is being done by teens in our community!
New this year for TeensART, the Earlville Opera House has just been asked to coordinate the Artistic Discovery Contest for Madison County for Congressman Richard Hanna’s office. Six winners from Madison County will be chosen. Please see the guidelines for Artistic Discovery below. To be entered in Artistic Discovery, please have the student fill in the release form (link here). All work submitted will be displayed at the EOH TeensArt Exhibit with the exception of the six Madison County winners, which must be taken to Richard Hanna’s office on 4/8. Entry in the Artistic Discovery Contest also authorizes EOH to take photos of the winners’ work so that they can be released to the press. Because of this new aspect of TeensART, we have had to slightly adjust deadlines and guidelines. See the new guidelines below.
Again this year, we are hosting our annual TeensArt Postcard Competition to select artwork for reproduction on our 2014 TeensArt Exhibit postcard invitations. Digital submissions of work are highly encouraged! ***Please note the early deadline for submissions; you are welcome to begin submitting your students’ artwork for consideration at any time. Postcard Competition entry details follow.
The EOH Gallery is a not-for-profit exhibit space and runs year-round exhibits of local, regional and national artwork. Our TeensArt Exhibit draws over 350 people to our Gallery over the course of the show. The exhibit is a wonderful opportunity for youth throughout the region to display their work in a professional gallery, and for the community at large to see the fine quality art these young people are producing. The feedback that we have received from teens is that it is a great way for them to see what their peers are doing in other schools.
Please RSVP whether you can participate this year by MARCH 22, 2014 if possible or if you are finding out about this opportunity, please let us know as soon as possible.
We look forward to seeing the new work by your students! Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have about our programs.
Patricia Lockwood-Blais, Executive Director
What to send:For participation in the TeensArt show – please note the changes!
· TEACHERS may submit up to 30 pieces of two-dimensional work and up to 5 pieces of three-dimensional work (ALL ENTRIES ARE APPRECIATED – Please don’t feel that if you have less work, it is not worth entering!) Even one entry is fine.
NOTE: TEENS (home-schooled) MAY SUBMIT WORK INDIVIDUALLY (Up to 2 pieces and please use the Artistic Discovery 2014 Student Information and Release form linked here)
· Two-dimensional work must be mounted on construction paper, as it is hung on the walls with masking tape, and we wish to avoid damaging the artwork
· Work must be labeled with the following information on the front for display:
– student-artist name
– grade level (2014 academic year)
– teacher name
– school name
* Note that for the Artistic Discovery Entries; please lightly tape the Artistic Discovery 2014 Student Information and Release form to the back of your student’s entry. All Artistic Discovery entries must be received by the entry deadline below.
* Note that for the Artistic Discovery Winners, we will take the EOH requested label off the front and create labels to meet their guidelines.
· All work to be shown must be received at the EOH Gallery before Friday, April 4, 2014.
· TeensART Postcards Please pick up the postcards for your school when you drop off your artwork between Fri 3/28 to Fri 4/4! We’ll also have digital forms of the postcard that will be e-mailed to participating teachers.
You may submit up to 6 entries per school
Digital submissions are great (please send resolution of 300 dpi and e-mail to
Work submitted digitally must be accompanied by the following information:
* student-artist name
* grade level (2014 academic year)
* teacher name
* school name
All postcard entries must be received at the EOH Gallery by Saturday, March 22, 2014 so that we can use them in designing the card – we will try to fit as many entries on the card as artistically feasible.
Drop off dates: Between Fri 3/28 – Fri 4/4 Note: EOH hours: Tues-Fri 10-5 and Sat 12-3
Notification date: April 8, we’ll let teachers know who the six Madison County winners are for Artistic Discovery.
Exhibition dates: Sat April 12 – Sat May 10
Opening date: Saturday, April 12 from noon to 3pm,
The opening reception features cookies, chocolate, chips, popcorn!
Work need not be in Artistic Discovery to be in TeensART! EOH is celebrating all the work of teens in central New York!
Rules for Teachers and Students to participate
2014 Student Information and Release form
TO ACCOMPANY SUBMISSIONS